We would like to offer our congratulations to Uri Schaefer on his re-election as President of the International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education. Uri is an ICCE Board member and was nominated by the ICCE. We would also like to congratulate all newly elected Board and Development Committee members.
These elections formed part of the ICSSPE General Assembly which took place on 12th of May 2021. During the General Assembly, the delegates voted on 8 additional members of the Executive Board and 9 members for the Development Committee.
The Executive Board will be composed of the following members:
– Uri Schaefer, President (International Council for Coaching Excellence)
– César Torres, Vice President (International Association for the Philosophy of Sport)
– Annette Hofmann, VicePresident (Deutscher Turner-Bund, International Society for the History of Physical Education & Sport )
– Jari Kanerva, Treasruer (Finnish Society of Sport Sciences)
– Katongo Bwalya (National Organisation for Women in Sport Zambia Physical Activity and Recreation)
– Gerald Fritz (Deutsche Olympische Akademie)
– Sandra Heck (International Society for the History of Physical Education and Sport)
– Martin Holzweg (European Physical Education Association)
– David Legg (International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity)
– Maria Beatriz Rocha Ferreira (International Association of Physical Education & Sport for Girls&Women)